New Lisbon station, 1906, NE view. Serving as
a stop on the Philadelphia & Long Branch RR
(The Back Road) as well as the southern
terminus of the CK&S. Photo courtesy of John Nallinger
[Delbert Bush shown standing on left...William H. Reeves on right]

Engine #1037, Class D, constructed at the Altoona Machine Shops (PRR), April 1883...scrapped Nov. 1909.
Kinkora freight house shown on right. Circa 1900
From the collection of Richard Szatkowski

History/Chronology | Maps [historic] | Map [GPS] | Stories | Current Photos | Blog
Above Left: C, K & S RR Schedule, w/ connections along the Pemberton & Hightstown RR, 1896.
Above Right: Lewistown passenger station, circa 1930's...closed in 1917...w/ 'SN' Block Station wing.
Right: Lewis Block Station, at convergence
of Kinkora Branch & P&H RR, 1944
Photos courtesy of John Brinckmann, from R. L. Long Collection
Below Left: 1872 Northern Burlington Co. Topo Map, w/ railroad mistakenly noted as Columbus & Springville RR
Below Right: 1869 Anderson Map of the Railroads of New Jersey, not showing the CK&S (reconstructed 1871-'72)
Maps courtesy of http://mapmaker.rutgers.edu
Columbus Station, SW view
Stone Arch, under Main Street, Columbus, NW View
Columbus Photos courtesy of Springfield Twp. Historical Society Archives (years unknown)
Above: Although not part of the railroad, the Juliustown Hotel was known as a very popular local landmark. It was destroyed by fire in 1917.
From the Robert & Evelyn Irons collection, courtesy of the U. S. Post Office, Juliustown NJ
Below: Artistic rendering of Jobstown passenger station, circa 1900. W View
Photo courtesy of Springfield Twp. Historical Society Archives
Above: Pen & Ink Sketch of Kinkora station, circa 1905, by George R. Hinkle...NE view, tracks on Kinkora & New Lisbon RR side [Note 1903 floodwater level mark on story pole at left] Right: Photo of Kinkora station from a later period...SE view, tracks on Camden & Amboy RR side.
Below: 2 views of the 1903 flood, which stalled trains & partially submerged Kinkora station.
Courtesy of Pearl Tusim / Mansfield Township Historical Society
Courtesy of Springfield Twp. Historical Society Archives
Below: Jobstown freight house (year unknown)
Pen & Ink Sketch of Sharp shelter, circa 1900, by Victor Vancza (1975)...N view
Photo courtesy of Springfield Township Historical Society Archives
Courtesy of Pearl Tusim / Mansfield Township Historical Society
From the collection of Richard Szatkowski
Left: The Bishop & Page Lumber Co. shipped its products from this, the the Columbus depot loading area. Shown also on the platform and awaiting unloading from carriages are milk cans from local dairy farms.
Courtesy of Jackie Fama